Eat today, for tomorrow we will diet!

The highs and lows of neng_fused

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Bersatu 2007: FUN???

It's exactly 2.05am n I am dropping by coz i cant sleep thanx to a cup of bitter cappuccino.

Four hours ago, P, E, Y and I were somewhere in the Grand Chanselor (xtau nak eja, maaf) Conference Hall, waaaayyyy at the back somehow trying to enjoy the Bersatu 2007 Closing Dinner. At least, I was trying to. But somehow i couldnt. In fact, I was yawning every few minutes while struggling to catch what the emcees were saying up on the stage. My tummy was rumbling as i hv been eating lotsa crappy food at odd hours since Bersatu began. Having paid a generous amount of money for the dinner, i was looking forward for a fulfilling meal.

Bersatu 2007 began last Sat with an opening ceremony. Like 100 others, i volunteered to be a part of the Bersatu Crew. I went under the Admin Dept. Heh...Ingatkan kerje setkt type2 name, bwt name tag, kumpul results; all the paper works tapi...!!!!!!! Throughout the event, I found myself doing more than what was expected. Ive been running around like mad, getting team captains signatures, persuading/'mengupah' ppl to be refs/linesmen, making decisions which werent initially mine to make, got stuck in the rain coz the games were still on, collecting rubbish left in the field, getting asked to time a sport which i hv no comprehension of and ultimately, i got to see various kinds of human behaviours. In short, it was EXHAUSTING.

But was it worth it?

To answer that i hv to look at the bright side. Did i make new frens? Kinda. Did i get to see cute guys? Kinda but not really coz i really didnt hv the time nor the oppurtunity. Tgk setkt cukup syarat, org kate. Did i improve on my socializing/PA skills and personality? Heh...I'd like to think so (hey, it's not easy to be sincere when u act aren't, ok..And it takes a huge amount of patience to keep my cool and not bite ppl's heads off). Did i enjoy watching the games and cheering for the teams? Kinda. Most of the time i wouldnt get to thoroughly watch the matches, and almost always i was trying to be and stay awake & alert.

So that brings us back to the BErsatu closing dinner. I was hoping that it'd be fun. Hey, after 5 hectic days, I'd expected the dinner to be enjoyful. SOmething nice to end the event, u know...But to be honest, i didnt. Was it me? Or was it the dinner itself?

I realized the dinner was more of a players' thing. If u've participated in any of the sports, then yeah...U might enjoy it. Kalau menang medal, lagilah suke ek? But as a mere volunteer who was placed to sit at world's end, I found myself staring at the three candles burning away on the table. I cudnt make wht the ppl on stage were saying, so i chose to completely ignore them. I was flushed. My face felt hot and red. I was sleepy and hungry to the point that ive become snappy (sorry, P) and lost interest in the whole event totally. After the emcees bid farewell (yg ni aku dgr), again i found myself dumbfounded. What shud i do now? Everyone took photos and congatulated the winners or whatever. I (and E and P and Y) was sitting at the table, playing the role of a reluctant oberserver. I glanced at the back to see my dear juniors/performers looking all bored and 'blur'. It was obvious. The dinner was about the athletes, and not about the volunteers/performers. Of course it was. It's Bersatu Games. (duh, Neng!) But i didnt expect to feel this left out in a dinner of an event in which ive helped to run. Gosh, it was stressful! After collectively admitting that there was no point in hanging around any longer, P Y E n I left and headed to Denny's instead.

I'll take this a valuable experience. It wasnt that much fun, but Bersatu 2007 has taught me lotsa things.

SO, back to my previous Q: is it worth it? YES! BUT DAMN! THIS IS PROBABLY MY LAST BERSATU DINNER. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN AND MEMORABLE! NOW IT'S MEMORABLE FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS...URGH! =(

Nways, CONGRATS CMSA! =D


AND NOTE TO WAWA DEARIE, HERE'S THE ANSWER TO YOUR Q: NO. HAHAHA!!! Weyh, lu tanye soalan bonus laa...aiseyh...=D


10 Comments:

  • At 10:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cute guys kat canter kan ader, buat aper nak ushar cute guys kontijen lain... ;)

     
  • At 11:26 am, Blogger neng_fused said…

    Huh? I think that is not the point of my entry nor is it the point that i was trying to make...=/

     
  • At 2:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i bet i noe what wawa's question...
    haha..galz missing u..
    njoy ur last year at canter galz!!

     
  • At 2:31 pm, Blogger mohd azmir said…

    chill neng!!!
    jgn sday2 yer..
    but u certainlu did a great job as one of the volunteer..
    kalo ade award, ko leh dapat awrd volunteer terbaik!!
    but sure u know who nak gak..
    LOL

     
  • At 2:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry madam for the discomfort at the back.. aiks..

    i'm really sorry

     
  • At 10:46 pm, Blogger neng_fused said…

    Yea, it was uncomfortable. But that's alright. It's nobody's fault. Hey, like i said, at least it was 'memorable'.

    PS: Good job on the vid presentation KM! =D

     
  • At 8:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAHAHAHA!

    babe, shall i now form an L on my forehead (on your behalf, of course) OR shall i not?

    (im damn sure you are saying CI*** to me under your breathe, jangan tipu! heheh)

    wawa

     
  • At 8:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    eeish by the way, sape yg tulis `cute guys kat canter kan ade` tuh neng..?

     
  • At 8:26 am, Blogger neng_fused said…

    Wawa dearie, If u were there, u'd be sitting right next to me feeling as much as a loser as i was, cos u and i both know how ATHLETIC U ARE.. (remember our first bersatu at Wellington? Precious time, wasnt it? N yes, ure right, C**** was my first vocab upon reading ur comment, and as usual i added some more powerful vocabs. HAHAHHA! Tu ar die, ade ke cute guys kat Canter nih? Hahahahahah!!!!!!

     
  • At 6:42 pm, Blogger Mabel Tan said…

    Hey neng! I know what you mean eh! Regret helping out. So hard to check out all the cute guys when we were so busy running around, especially you cuz you were hidden in that corner most of the time! I must apologise if I bit your head off as well. Stressed la! Hopefully you had a little bit of fun? You should have participated! Might have been more meaningful... Anyway, it's over. Look forward to the ball ya?! :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home