Eat today, for tomorrow we will diet!

The highs and lows of neng_fused

Saturday, December 02, 2006

"CINTA"

When zebras fall in love...


“Erm, full of emotions….that’s the best time to write.” – Yasmin Ahmad, in S’kali, 2006


After neglecting my dear blog for almost three weeks, I have collected enough emotions which leads to me scribbling down my thoughts tonight in Mic Words (coz apparently my Dad hid the Modem, thanx to my little bro)…The plan is to copy & paste later. So if u’re reading this, that means I’ve managed to pujuk my dad to return the modem. =D

I have reached home after watching the latest Malaysian movie “Cinta” wif my bestest buddy, Tuty ( Luv ya, Gurl!). Since I first saw the trailer/soundtrack/vid-clip of the movie by VE a fortnight ago, I couldn’t wait to watch it. I felt like this particular movie is somewhat different. Interesting. “Macam bess…” Plus, a love movie would revive my belief in all things romantic, I thought. Well fortunately for me, the movie did not let me down. I enjoyed it thoroughly! =D (and cried my eye-balls out halfway through).

Basically, the movie is about five sets of love stories involving intertwining characters (dgn bangunan twin towers sbg wall-paper nyer..hehe). One is between an old, retired school teacher who suffers from Alzheimer (excuse my spelling) and a kind restaurant owner. The second is involving a successful business man with a bookstore cashier girl. Another is the relationship between a young gurl who’s searching for her bf and the guy who helps her loyally. The other love is the love of a sister to her only brother. The last is about an architect who thought that he had it all, only to find out that things are not meant to last.

Of all the characters, I cried most for Haris, the architect whose wife left him for another man (her ‘soulmate’, she claimed). How can it be easy, to leave your marriage, to leave your loving husband, even if you’ve met your ‘soulmate’? Will you not feel a dark, deep sense of guilt? How do you expect your child to understand & to adapt to a new father? Risking everything just for a man. Is it going to be worth it? The answer is beyond me. On the opposite side, what do you do when someone you love tells you that he/she doesn’t feel the same way anymore? A momentary state of dizziness and unbelief is sure, but how do you cope with the aftermath of the confession? If she is the one, do you love her still even if she has someone else? Would you fight to win her heart back? Would you remain hopeful and convince yourself that he/she will return to you? In the movie, the so-called conclusion for Haris’s conflict is this, “love is about letting go.” So Haris let go of his wife, knowing that she is happy with her new man.

Come to think of it, what else is Haris to do? What is the point of him fighting for her when he knows that she is going to choose the other man anyway? If she stays, would she be happy? No. Then would he be happy? Of course not. There’s always hope, I hear someone says. Don’t hope that he/she will come running back to you. Hope that someone better comes along instead. Hope is just that; hope. You mustn’t let it ruin you. I suppose that’s why Haris made the best choice to set Airin free. Heh, all this while, I thought the cliché “menyayangi seseorang bermaksud melepaskan dia” adalah alasan untuk break-up semata-mata. Hahahahaha!

Moving on, I recommend this movie to everyone. I will not touch on the other four stories as I don’t intend to ruin the surprise for those who are planning to watch the movie. I dare not comment on the technical aspects of the movie as I am no pro in that, but suffice to say MOST actors gave excellent performance (enough to make me spent half the time crying…). Okaylah, credit to the director also whom I thought managed to ‘bawa’ jalan cerita movie itu dgn baik. Hahaha, hope u get that!

Jadi persoalannya; berjayakah film ‘cinta’ membuatkan saya percaya kepada cinta kembali? TIDAK….. It’s just a nice way to spend RM8 on. =D

Take care!

12 Comments:

  • At 1:07 am, Blogger mohd azmir said…

    akhirnya.. after berjanggut menuggu ada gak post baru!! muahaha..
    CINTA? hmm, nie post aye??
    best sgt kerh sampai nangis bagai nak rak??? hohoho..
    sure or not yg ko tk kan bercinta lagi?? lol!!
    nway in my opion wat si haris wat tu kinda the rite thing!! it a waste of time to love sumone who doesnt love u back!! kakakaka...
    poyo jer aku nie.. cant wait 2 watch the movie!!

     
  • At 7:54 am, Blogger sangkuriang said…

    uhuksss.. dah tgk ke neng? neng.. jom nengok cicak man.. hahhahaha.. cam best doh..

     
  • At 12:46 pm, Blogger neng_fused said…

    azmir - ko mmg poyo...;p
    Raja - cicakman? I would want to, IF ure the one playing the character...tp muat ke tak suit tu utk ko ek? hehehhehe

     
  • At 2:36 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    hehehe..neng layan citer jiwang??..hmmm... :p

    balik mesia aku layan citer nih..sikit je lagi b4 aku balik.hoho

     
  • At 7:23 am, Blogger sangkuriang said…

    alep, cam frust je neng layan cite jiwang sorang2.. =p ala lek la.. neng mmg camtu doh.. ngan aku pun dia tak ajak.. :<

    woi neng.. muat doh.. cicakman 2 nanti aku belakon.. =p

     
  • At 8:45 am, Blogger mohd azmir said…

    hahahaha... siot jer raja!! aku rase kalo ko berlakon cicakman tak sesuai dowh!!but kalo nacho libre sure mantap giler.. tak gitu neng??

     
  • At 12:26 pm, Blogger neng_fused said…

    Ha'a...kalau nacho libre sesuai la dgn si Raje tuh... Hahaha...terer la ko nih memey! Tak terpikir lak aku...Hhhahahah!

     
  • At 5:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    'cinta'= awesome!!!
    neng..eina tgh layan grey s anatomy..wot u told me bout meredith is definitely true..geezzz she s SO demn lucky..n haaahaaa i hate her.. jeles sbnrnye
    btw all d best n njoy ur holiday kay!!
    if u turun smnjg call me..mana tau bley klua:)

     
  • At 12:48 am, Blogger sangkuriang said…

    wah wah wah.. neng neng.. seronoknya anda ye.. macam ada satu benda yg paling menggembirakan je.. tak nak cerite ke? =p

     
  • At 4:45 am, Blogger neng_fused said…

    huh?...blur2...

     
  • At 5:39 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    korang nih..tak hbs2 kutuk raja kata die gemuk. Takpe je, aku sentiasa di sisi ko utk support..bgth je ape ko nak, sure settle :p..

     
  • At 6:14 pm, Blogger mohd azmir said…

    alep sudah curang terhadap aku!!
    tidak2... layan raja plak skang eh?
    takper2!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home